Tennis BC and Pickleball BC have collaborated and issued a joint statement on how the two sports should/can co-exist. The summary:
- Both tennis and pickleball are growing in popularity and participation.
- Pickleball is underserved, particularly with respect to dedicated courts.
- Tennis and pickleball are different sports with different needs.
- More pickleball courts are needed while minimizing the impact on tennis courts.
- Pickleball court location must account for sound and parking issues.
- When contemplating making a significant change to any municipal sport facility, municipalities should consult with local representatives from all the affected sports.
Tennis BC and Pickleball BC’s joint recommendation is to:
Build "Pickleball Hub(s)"
Is anyone listening? We hope so.
See the full documents here.