On September 21 we held our Annual General Meeting for 2021, by Zoom again this year. We had over 50 members represented, either on Zoom or by proxy. Thanks to all who attended and took the time to participate directly or by proxy.
Some highlights noted in the meeting:
- Our membership went from 170 in March to over 350 in September!
- We provided over 320 court hours weekly playing time
- We moved to our new, dedicated pickleball courts
- We held a beginners clinic about once every month and mentoring weekly
- We sponsored several days of clinics by Mark Renneson
- We held two very successful tournaments
- We successfully negotiated with the City of Surrey for a low fixed-fee rental for the courts
- The proposed budget and fees for 2022 were approved
- The per member cost of running the club in 2022 is approximately $67.50. Because of "profits" from our 2021 tournaments, we are able to make our 2022 fees $52.50 for returning members and $62.50 for new members.
- The 10 members nominated for the Board of the club were all elected. Seven are returning Directors and 3 are new.
If you are interested in seeing what the president's message was, it can be found here.
As of October 1, our time on the courts has ended. We'll start up again in April/May 2022, depending on the weather. Don't forget to renew your membership by March 31, 2022 to get your renewing member discount. If you renew (or join) now, your membership will be good through all of next season, until March 31, 2023.
See you on the courts in the spring!